Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Contact Sheet



My first time using Photoshop was in my introduction to Graphic Design course, however it was used only to crop photos. I have always wanted to explore Photoshop and utilize all the elements it had to offer, and the contact sheet assignment allowed me to do just that. The first challenge I was faced with was having a limited selection of pictures on my computer. I had my camera for about a year until it broke, so the pictures I had were not as artistic as I would have liked for this project. If I had more time and a working camera, I would have loved to go out and taken pictures that I thought would have fit better with what I was trying to accomplish. However, I worked with what I did have and I am satisfied with the turn out. The following photos are taken in Marseilles, France, Paris, France, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, Vermont, and New York City. I really enjoyed editing the pictures in different ways. Every picture has different meaning because of the way that it is cropped and formatted.

This is a close up of my favorite picture. This was taken in Marseilles, France when I was studying abroad. It is of the calanques in the South of France, one of the highlights of my trip. Calanques are a series of limestone cliffs, fjords and rocky promontories plunging into the Mediterranean. It was an hour hike down to the water, and we jumped off the cliffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment