Monday, March 1, 2010

Font Poem


I found the font poem assignment to be more challenging than the contact sheet because of the words. It was hard for me to work solely with words, but once I got the hang of it I began to enjoy it. I used an excerpt from the poem Where the Side Walk Ends by Shel Silverstein, one of my favorite poets. I tried having different words throughout the poem stand out and have a meaning of its own, for example the typography for "grass grows" is growing. I really had fun exploring the different fonts Photoshop had to offer. If I had more time I would have experimented with colors, but I did not want to go overboard and have it be too much. I like how the black and white is simple and leaves more of an impression than it would if it were to be in color.
I used the following fonts:
  • Weidemann Std
  • Neuland Lt Std
  • Cutout Std
  • Itc Isadora Std
  • Ex Ponto Pro
  • Bruno JB Std
  • Stencil
  • Flood
  • Wendy Lp Std
  • Nupital Script Lt Std
  • Medici Script Lt Std
  • Apple Casual
  • Juniper Std
  • Briem Script

No comments:

Post a Comment