Tuesday, April 6, 2010

PowerPoint

For this assignment, we had to choose a music artist, and create a PowerPoint Presentation based on them. One of my favorite singers is Van Morrison, so I decided to do mine on him. I have created numerous PowerPoint Presentations in the past, however this was by far the most enjoyable.

The most difficult part of this assignment was finding good photographs of Van Morrison. Many of my other classmates did more recent artists, who have thousands of pictures on the internet with various colors and graphics. Seeing their presentations almost made me wish I did someone more recent as well, because it definitely would have been easier to work with. Nevertheless, mine was unique because it did not posses these qualities.

I wanted my PowerPoint to portray Van Morrison as the sophisticated and talented musician that he is. I did not go crazy with my colors; I chose a very basic dual-tone background (blue and black), and repeated it throughout the PowerPoint. For my second slide, I wrote basic information about who he is, and the instruments he plays. For the picture, I chose him singing and playing the saxophone, which I thought really displayed his talent. For the third slide, I chose the album Moondance, and listed their tracks and track times. The fourth slide consisted of four of his albums that I like, and I chose my favorite songs from each of them. I enjoyed working on this slide the best. I also really like my reference slide. It is hard to make it interesting, considering it is just a list of links, so I chose a picture of him looking directly at the links, drawing the viewers focus to them.

I thought I did a great job of displaying Van Morrison as a serious talented musician. I did not clutter the slide with graphics and bright colors, because it does not pertain to his characteristics. If I had more time, I would have played with colors a bit more to make it a little more lively, or perhaps have chosen a more lively song. (I couldn’t help but pick my favorite!) This was one of my favorite assignments so far, and I think that the majority of the class would agree. Music is a great way to share and learn about other people, and I had a great time doing this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment