Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bibi Card






























I think that making the bibi cards was our hardest project that we've had all semester, but also one of the most valuable. We had to replicate a bibi card in both QuarkXPress, which we've used before, and InDesign, which we have not. Making the bibicard in QuarkXPress was easier for me because we had just done 2 projects in it, and I really got the hang of using it. I think I did a better job on that one than the one I did in InDesign. I used InDesign before in one of my graphic design classes, however it was just used for placing pictures, not creating a project. Once I got the used to it, it wasn't that difficult, but it was hard trying to get them both to look the same.
I faced a couple of challenges while doing this project. The first and most frustrating was getting the color to match the one on the bibicard, which I failed to do with both. The original bibi card was a neon orange/pink, and I had a really difficult time trying to match it. Another challenge I faced was finding fonts to match. On the bibicard I made in QuarkXPress, some of the fonts ended up looking differently once I printed it out as well. If I had more time, I would definetly try and find other fonts that matched better. All in all, I think I did a good job replicating the bibi card. I am most proud of the back of the bibi cards. Though it was simplier than creating the front, I know I did a good job replicating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment